Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sheeps in the Rain

Grog Island

As the weather warms (sort-of) it would seem that we'd be able to get out paddling more and more, but it really just seems to mean we have to do more of everything, like work. Of course, working a lot increases my need to get out there on the water. Over the past few days as we re-opened the gallery, I watched the weather, hoping for a small window of decent enough weather for a paddle... which would ideally coincide with a time I could get away. Neither weather nor get-away time presented itself, and I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I went by myself this morning.


Little Sheep Island
The good news was that the air temperature and water temperature were the same, which made it easier to dress for both. The bad news: 43 degrees Fahrenheit. I paddled out through the fog, choosing a coastal route to Sheep Island.


Sheep Island

It rained as I approached the Sheeps. Seals lay on exposed ledges, including a lone pup. Fog drifted in and out. The waves picked up, but not much. I could have kept going, but work waited for me back in Stonington.

No comments: